Tuesday, June 28, 2011

All Kinds of Stuff

There has been quite a bit going on lately, so I thought I'd do my best to catch you up on a few events, happenings, and things that are unrelated to each other.  So here it goes!


Medical Update Today was my 4th treatment (ideally the halfway point for the chemotherapy) and tomorrow I will go in for a CAT scan to see how much I have progressed.  I know what I want to hear, but we'll leave that up to God.  We had a potentially very discouraging situation on our hands today.  When the nurses went to put the IV in, my veins "blew" four times, as they were unable to hold the medicine without leaking it out into my arms.  Since the chemo can burn and potentially cause skin grafts, it was no good.  So before my next treatment, I am going to need a procedure to install a mediport in my chest that will make this all much easier.  But for today, they were able to run a big old PIC line into my upper arm and keep me on my treatment schedule.  Unfortunately, today was a rough one as I didn't handle all of that well and had my fair share of vomiting.  I'm just trying to be thankful for the good days and asking for grace for the tough ones.


Furm's TakeI few weeks back, Cory Furman and I sat down for a chat.  Here's what came out of it... http://www.messiah.edu/athletics/articles/furm/61011-alleyesonhoj.html.  


Team Hoj Shirts and Bracelets:  TEAM HOJ t-shirts are in. We have all sizes in the regular t-shirts ($20) and adult sizes to XL in the dri fit performance t-shirts in dark gray cotton feel or sport gray performance feel ($30). Please email Coach Brunk at bbrunk@messiah.edu to arrange individual or mass orders. Bracelets are still available for $2.  The proceeds will be split between the Team Hoj members who are racing in the Nation's Triathalon in Washington, D.C. and my fund raising efforts for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.  If you would like to become more extensively involved with Team Hoj, please contact my Uncle Jeff and Aunt Karen at TEAMHOJ@gmail.com or find us on Facebook!







Team Hoj Fundraiser:  Keep an eye out for a Team Hoj Dessert Fund Raiser and Auction in August.  There is also a potential golf outing in the works.  More details coming ASAP!  



I'd just like to re-iterate a special thank you to all of you who have been covering me and my family in prayer, as well as supporting us financially through Team Hoj.  June has been a trying month (more to come on that soon), but the load has been made a bit lighter through the support of all my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Can't say it enough, but thank you.

Humbled,

MH 

 

2 comments:

  1. I Love you Brother! Relentless intensity, Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were all thinking about you buddy

    ReplyDelete