Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Halfway Point?

As I write to you today, I am currently at The Cleveland Clinic for Treatment #5. We saw Dr. Pohlman today and he showed us the results from the CT scan, which shows about 40-50% reduction in the tumor. Praise the Lord for that! He couldn't predict a definite time frame for the finish line, but it looks like it will be somewhere in the September to October range, so we are about halfway. Coming off of such a rough treatment last time, I had a portacath installed in my chest and it has made things tremendously easier thus far (for those of you who aren't medically inclined, here is a link explaining what the port is and what it does... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_%28medical%29).  It was a bit painful getting used to it, but I wish I would have gotten one from the start.

Even though the last round was tough, the Lord has so graciously dropped hints of encouragement in my lap left and right. It has been great to have several amazing people visit, as well as be up and about more frequently. We also got the first shipment of Team Hoj shirts and Coach Vogel and Coach Brunk did an amazing job on them! So to all of you who have been a part of this journey, I just want to reiterate a special thank you. You all mean so much and the Lord is using you to add to my strength each day. It's hard to imagine doing it without you all!

Chuggin' along,

MH

No comments:

Post a Comment